Home » » Valentine’s Day Special:Rohit Roy talk about romance

Valentine’s Day Special:Rohit Roy talk about romance

The town is painted red with the onset of Valentine’s Day.Couples are busy planning ways to express their love, while singles are looking for ways to escape the overdose of romance in the air. Valentine’s Day surely brings in a lot of mixed feelings. BollywoodLife got in touch with a few telly stars to find out what they think of V-Day and their plans for the day…

Tanaaz Irani: I did not think that I would still feel cozy, warm and excited about writing a card and getting a gift organized for Bakhtiyaar after so many years but I did and this year even my kids made lovely cards and reinforced that how Mom and Dad’s love for each other is as important as our love for them. I put a sticker on Bakhtiyaar’s card and my son read it, winked and said ‘aah mummy you are not hottie, your naughty hottie!!!!’

Bakhtiyaar Irani: No day means anything to me. I do not need a day to tell my loved ones how much I love them. On Valentine’s Day I would go home to eat the most delicious home cooked meal with Tanaaz and the kids. I don’t believe in breaking flowers and spending unnecessarily.

Rohit Roy: Valentine’s Day for me is just a reaffirmation of the vows exchanged with my wife Manasi 15 years back. It’s like a yearly renewal of my marriage vows. I don’t really believe in chocolates or cards, but I do believe that from time to time you need to celebrate the love you share as it helps a couple nurture and grow in the relationship. When anyone asks me what Valentine’s Day means to me, I often say that it reminds me of the fact that Manasi picked me, nurtured me and helped me grow as a man and a human being. Don’t wait for 14th of February alone to celebrate your love, do it every other day.

Mansi Srivastava: I think Valentine’s Day isn’t just for lovers, it’s for love. And it’s more about giving than receiving on this day. Am going to treat myself with a spa and then spend some quality time with myself, go shopping. Also I will donate some goodies and clothes to the under privileged ones in our society. For me Valentine’s is all about giving and loving, no matter whom, what, where and when.

Rashami Desai: According to me it is a day filled with love. And when I say love, it doesn’t mean romantic love alone. It can be love between parents and children, love between siblings, friends, even your pets. I remember this Valentine’s Day a few years back, when someone cooked a delicious dinner for me. He even lighted the entire place with candles. It’s the gesture that counts. Whenever someone does something with genuine feelings, it becomes special.

Tina Dutta: It is easy for those who are newly in love to express their feelings, but people who have been in a relationship for long may find it difficult to do so. I think V-Day is a perfect occasion for such people to reignite the flames of romance. Back in my school days, boys would gift roses and cards to impress girls. There was innocence in the romance. My dad buys me chocolates and flowers every V-Day.

Adaa Khan: It is a day for love. And by that, I don’t mean just the love for your spouse or boyfriend. It can be your family or friends. I used to celebrate V-Day in school. I studied in a girls’ convent and had no interaction with boys. So, all of us friends would wear red and go to a restaurant or for a movie after school. It was so much fun.
Share this article :
 

Copyright © 2011. Telly Talk India - All Rights Reserved